Thursday, November 29, 2007

The Plant Show Continues...

From Scott Johnson at Powerline, we learn that last night's GOP YouTube/CNN Debate had at least two more Democratic questioners, posing as Republicans or "undecided" voters:

Jim Vicevich alerts us to a few more Democratic plants at the CNN Youtube Republican candidates forum last night. Adam Florzak asked a question on Social Security. Jim comments: "Strange question, because he asked about paying back the social security trust fund? That's a Republican question." It turns out that Florzak quit his job with Caterpillar to work with Dick Durbin on social security reform. Then there was Mark Strauss, who pleaded with Ron Paul to run as an independent. It turns out he's a Richardson supporter (more here). CNN must have know who Strauss is because he participated in the CNN/Youtube Democratic presidential debate this past July. It's all over now, baby blue.

Gee, with all the Democratic "plants" among last nights questioners, it might be appropriate to pose this query to CNN:

Were the candidates the only Republicans at last night's debate?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was looking forward to posting a comment, but this login system is so wierd that I finally lost my comment. Bad luck! Now I'm logged in, but my comment has floated into hyperspace. I'll try again next week :-)

Paul Wilson said...

So, either CNN willingly went along or was duped into allowing Democratic operatives to basically hijack the debate. I'll be charitable and assume the latter.

Remember when the Dems. treated Fox News like it was radioactive and they refused to attend a debate? I'm sure Fox would have stacked the audience with Republican operatives.

Republican candidates should henceforth have nothing to do with CNN.

Ken Prescott said...

There were so many plants there, I'm surprised CNN didn't hold this debate in a nursery.

DebbieKinIL said...

I wonder what the criteria was for selecting the questions. How far in advance? etc. Also thinking this is CNN, maybe a "plant" to liven up the debate or poor judgement call.

Ken Prescott said...

I wonder what the criteria was for selecting the questions.

Approval from the Clinton, Edwards, and Obama campaigns. (c8

davod said...

JJJoseph:

I have given up. I normally log intyo google then come back to this site.